Wage Subsidy Work Experience Placements
- Supports Job Seekers to earn while they learn
- Helps Employers with funding to provide on-the-job training
- The Wage Subsidy Work Experience Placements pays an incentive to Employers to hire a client who needs work experience and skills enhancement.
- A Wage Subsidy is offered to offset the costs of training a new employee. The amount available is up to 50% of the hourly rate of pay, for up to 24 weeks, for a full-time position.
- We are looking for Employers who sincerely want to help a potential employee gain on-the-job development and are willing to take the time to help the new hire become a valuable asset to their team.
In order to be Eligible, you must be:
- Unemployed and Collecting EI, or;
- Have had an EI claim within the last 36 months, or;
- Are re-entering the labour force after leaving to care for children and had a maternity/parental EI claim within past 5 years; and,
- Be in need of work experience to obtain your employment goal.
Please Contact Us to confirm your eligibility.
In order to be Eligible, the following criteria must be met:
- In business for at least one year;
- Have a position to fill that is a normal part of your ongoing business operations;
- Confirm that no workers will be laid off as a result of the new placement;
- Offer a full-time position (minimum of 35 hours per week), and offer the likelihood of long-term employment;
- Pay reasonable competitive wages for the position; and,
- Have a Business Number, and be compliant with Employment Standards, Workers Compensation, the Income Tax Act, and Employment Insurance.
Do you have a position to fill? Contact Us to register as a Wage Subsidy employer BEFORE you hire.
How we Process a Match between a Job Seeker & Employer:
- Before a new person is hired, their eligibility must be confirmed, this is done by the job seeker visiting our Centre.
- An Employer can contact the Centre and get help from a Job Developer to find an eligible Client, or;
- A potential employee can confirm eligibility and market themselves to potential Employers after their Wage Subsidy eligibility has been confirmed by their Employment Advisor.
- The Wage Subsidy Agreement for job placement must be approved and signed by all Parties (Employer Liaison, Employer & Job Seeker) before the employee begins work